The Journal of User Experience (JUX) is a peer-reviewed, international, online publication dedicated to promote and enhance the practice, research, and education of user experience design and evaluation.
Its aim is to provide usability practitioners and researchers with a forum to share:
- Empirical findings
- Usability case studies (research case studies, not business case studies)
- Opinions and experiences (regarding the practice and education of user experience)
- Reports of good practices in usability and related fields, such as market research and technical communication
Library of Congress ISSN: 1931-3357
Ownership and Management
The non profit organization, User Experience Professional Association, is the sole owner of the Journal of User Experience. The JUX is managed and staffed by (1) Dr. William Albert, Editor-in Chief, (2) Dr. James Lewis, Co-Editor in Chief and (3) the JUX Editorial Board. It is published online by the User Experience Professional Association.
The journal is financed and supported by the User Experience Professional Association and does not have revenue sources outside of the User Experience Professional Association. All organizational support and institutional support is performed within the User Experience Professional Association in the form of the Director of Publications, Claudia Gutiérrez.
About the UXPA
User Experience Professionals Association (UXPA) International supports people who research, design, and evaluate the user experience (UX) of products and services.
Founded in 1991, the original 50-member group has grown to serve a community that includes nearly 2,400 members worldwide by promoting UX concepts and techniques through our annual international conference, publishing new UX findings through both the Journal of User Experience (JUX) and User Experience Magazine, and our 59 local chapters in 30 countries around the world.
In 2004, UXPA International established World Usability Day, which in 2011 was celebrated in 44 countries. In 2012, we announced a name change from the Usability Professionals Association (UPA) to User Experience Professionals Association (UXPA) International.
The UXPA’s goals include:
- Serve as the authoritative source on the practice of usability, user-centered design (UCD), and UX.
- Facilitate professional development and education within the UX field.
- Promote the business value of UX, research, design and evaluation to business and other entities.
- Foster a community of user experience professionals through knowledge sharing and networking.
- Provide effective industry governance.
- Enhance and provide the value of membership in UXPA International.